Saturday, January 9, 2010

Autopilot Adjustments

In order to adjust the way our autopilot controls autonomous flight we tinkered with parameters defined in it SET file. The SET file defines particulars about an aircraft which assists the autopilot in flight. Our goal was to control the planes altitude control more effectively. With help from the attopilot's creator, Dean, and other's at support forums, we decided to change the pitch and roll gains. Higher gains equate to higher physical responses to changes in pitch and roll. We need higher pitch gains in particular because our plane has a large glider like wingspan. After a few flights with different pitch gain adjustments we we're able to control altitude much better in our holding circle. Here's our flight path from google earth. The plane held altitude at around 130 meters above ground.



1 comment:

  1. My camera on my DJI Phantom Vision Plus kept loosing connectivity! I called a company in Texas. I Drone Repair Service think they are called UAV Direct? Anyways, I have never bought anything from them before but they spent a lot of time on the phone with me, walking me Tower inspection drone through some diagnostics and binding procedures. I love Best Police Drone those guys! Next time I need something, I am buying from them. Apparently, the Wi-Fi module was bad and uav autopilot needed to be replaced. I guess it is a common issue and a simple fix.

    ReplyDelete